In order to spell out the proper expectations from both clients, potential clients, and Great Pond Design, all clients and potential clients must read these terms in full, and if in agreement, fill in their name, email address and submit the form at the bottom of this page.
Great Pond Design will not schedule or perform services prior to the agreement to these terms.
- Maintenance plans are available in 6 and 12 month intervals only. They can be purchased on our Maintenance Plans page (or if you’re looking for security only, on this page) using a debit card, credit card or PayPal. After we receive payment, your plan will start on the 1st of the following month. If you prefer to pay via check, please contact us.
- A maintenance plan is required for any/all website updates or maintenance to be performed by Great Pond Design. This does not apply to bug fixes to a website that we created within the last 90 days, and you may also inquire for one-off availability, though it is generally limited.
Note, we cannot be responsible for bugs due to a third parties involvement, or the incompatibility of future theme and plugin updates as these are in the hands of the theme and plugin authors. However, with a maintenance plan, in the event of a theme or plugin bug, we can restore a previous functioning version of your themes and plugins, as well as consulting for alternative methods.
- Often it is sooner, but please allow 2 weeks for updates/maintenance requests.
- To keep our sanity, unused hours for updates/maintenance will expire at the end of the month and cannot be rolled over into future months.
- Dedicated updates and maintenance time, as well as approved one-off updates for outside clients and maintenance is billed at a minimum of a quarter hour.
- Updates/maintenance requests are for website updates only. For example, we will not perform marketing tasks including Facebook updates or Email / Newsletter campaigns. These are tasks which we feel should be handled internally by a full time staff member and/or a marketing specialist. We do offer SEO packages, which you can view here.
- We do not support email issues. We strongly recommend you setup your email with Google Apps for Work and/or another reliable platform which has 24/7 support.
- Website outages that are a result of an issue with your web hosting company may require extensive support time. In these scenarios, it may be most cost effective for you to speak directly with your hosting company. As an alternative (and with your permission) we can work directly with your web host through email, phone, or support tickets to remedy an outage – time spent will be deducted from your maintenance plan’s monthly allotment and then billed at our regular hourly rate of $80.00 for any overages.
- We have an excellent track record with website security, but no website (especially WordPress powered sites) is 100% immune to being hacked or targeted by spambots. In the event of a breach, we will work to the best of our ability to restore a hacked website in a timely manner. We also strongly urge our clients to set strong passwords and change them often! Not only for WordPress, but for your hosting panel and FTP account(s) as well.
- Maintenance plans are currently available for WordPress powered websites only.
- Phone and email support may take 48-72 hours and applies to business hours only. Regular business hours are Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm EST.
- As the web and technology world is always fast-evolving, these terms are subject to change at anytime at the sole discretion of Great Pong Design. Additional terms of service apply as displayed in the scrolling window below.